On 31 March students went on a 2-day trip to Vinnytsia, where they learned more about the history of the city and the region.
First the students visited the dungeons of the former Dominican monastery, and now the Holy Transfiguration Cathedral, which stretch at a depth of more than 14 meters in the central part of the city.
Students went on an interesting excursion to the National Pirogov’s Estate Museum – a house museum in the former estate of a prominent local surgeon Nickolay Pirogov, with exhibits on his life & work. The museum comprises a house, a pharmacy, and the family vault, where lies Pirogov’s embalmed body.
Students also went to Führerhauptquartier Werwolf – one of Adolf Hitler’s World War II Eastern Front military headquarters located in a pine forest about 12 kilometres north of Vinnytsia, which was used between 1942 and 1943. Nearby there is an exposition of World War II arms and military machinery.
One of the most exciting places where students went was the Auto-moto-photo-tele-radio museum, where visitors are allowed to sit in the cars and on motorcycles, hold anything that is displayed in the museum and even play old music instruments.